Early Childhood Questions
Some people find it easier to respond to lists of questions when they begin to write their memoir. Print these lists of questions about each stage of your life and put them in your binder. They will help you to lay the foundation as you begin to write about your life.
1. When were you born?
2. In what town, state, territory, or country were you born?
3. Were there any unusual circumstances about your birth?
4.Who was your mother?
5. Who were her parents?
6. What do you remember about her family?
7. What special family customs, skills, talents, or traditions did they have?
8.Who were her brothers and sisters.
9. What do you remember about your aunts and uncles on your mother's side?
10. What stories did your mother share with you about her growing up years?
11. Who was your father?
12. Who were his parents?
13. What do you remember about his family?
14. What special family customs, skills, talents, or traditions did they have?
15.Who were his brothers and sisters.
16. What do you remember about your aunts and uncles on your father's side?
17. What stories did your father share with you about his growing up years?
18.Where were your parents born?
19. Where did your parents grow up?
20. How much education did your parents have?
21. How did your parents meet?
22. When did they marry?
23. Where did they live when first married?
26. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
27. Take some time and write about each of your siblings: what their relationship was to you in the birth order, how they treated you, if you were close to them...
28. What was your favorite toy growing up?
29. What is the first holiday you can remember?
30. How did your family celebrate that holiday?
31. What do you remember about the house you lived in as a young child?