Early School Days
Remember to tell events as they were. One of your purposes is to give your children and grandchildren a realistic picture of your life.
1. What are the first thoughts you can remember about going to school?
2. When did you start school?
3. What school did you go to?
4. Did you attend kindergarten or go directly into first grade?
5. Do you remember anything special about that first day of school? (What you wore, your feelings, how you got there, how big it was...)?
6. What do you remember about your Elementary school years? (You can break this down into several paragraphs if you need to.)
7. Think of at least one incidence and/or teacher in your first school that had a very positive affect on you.
8. Who were your best friends during your early school years?
9. What were your favorite subjects in school?
10. What did you do during recess?
11. What did you typically have for lunch?
12. What did you do during summer vacations?
13. What was the next school you attended? Was it a Junior High School or a Middle School?
14. What do you remember most about those middle school years?
15. What classes did you like and what classes did you dislike?
16. Think of at least one incidence and/or teacher in your first school that had a very positive affect on you.
17. Can you remember any particularly embarrassing moment that you experienced?
18. What do you remember about your friends during those middle years?
19. What do you remember about your clothes during those middle years?
20. Do you remember what your favorite pastimes and foods were during your middle school years?
21. Is there anything you remember about that particular stage of life, that still influences you today?